Where I've been so far....

Sunday, February 3, 2008

La Tierra de Sol y Buen Vino


Mendoza, Argentina.........the Land of Sun and Good Wine. Yep, right up my alley! This is the area of Argentina known for great Malbec (a type of grape, and one of my favorite varietals!). Those who know me know I can't pass up a good wine tasting!

I did some research on the area and it's much more than just wine. Although, in my mind, the wine alone is reason enough to go! But, the Aconcagua (highest mountain in the western world) is only a few hours away, and also close by is Ishchigualasto, which has some pretty amazing rock formations. So, this area will certainly be a stop on my South American tour.
I'm beginning to think I may spend more time in the Americas than I originally planned. It's cheaper than Europe and there is so much to experience there. I've been putting together a tentative itinerary (in my mind), which I will post soon.
By they way, I figured out how to insert links, so you can click on the underlined words if you want more info on any of the places I write about.

No comments: