Corny, I know. I'm almost embarrassed I wrote that - although not enough to delete it! In this case, I think it's "not to Belize." As much I would love to go - the pictures look amazing and the diving is supposed to be phenomenal (oh, btw, have I mentioned I'm going to get certified to dive before I leave?) - I think I have to cut it if I'm going to manage Central and South America in 1.5 months. Besides, I'm sure Costa Rica and Panama are just as beautiful. I'm also on the fence about Chile, although Brazil and Argentina (sorry Susan) are definites. We had an exchange student, Carem, from Brazil who lived with us when I was in high school. She and her husband live in Sao Paulo and I can't be that close and not visit! Although, if my math is right, my timing may coincide with the birth of her twins..........possibly not the best time for a visit. And Argentina, because it's there and it just makes sense! :) And there seem to be good flights from Buenos Aires to London or Madrid.
In the next few weeks, I'll post much more about my planning details - gear, clothes, how I'm going to manage to pack for six months in one bag when I typically pack four pairs of shoes for a two day trip! Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment