Where I've been so far....

Monday, January 21, 2008

Alaska or bust

I booked a "little" trip before my TRIP today. My mom and I are going to Alaska at the end of May! We just booked today, so it's all official. We're beyond excited! We're taking a cruise through the Inside Passage and are going to spend a couple of days in Denali National Park beforehand. The cruise ship only accommodates 78 passengers, so this is not your typical cruise. No Vegas style show after dinner, no shuffleboard on the Lito deck in the afternoon - just us, the other 76 passengers and lots of glaciers, whales, bears and other wildlife.

This is a trip Mom and I have talked about for several years and I'm thrilled that we're going! I can think of worse ways to pass the time before I leave for my six month(ish) journey. For those of you trying to keep track ( me included!), here's a little timeline of the major upcoming events:

late March - half marathon in Atlanta (yeah, on top of planning the trip of a lifetime and wrapping up my job, I decided to train for another half marathon)
early April - quit job (YAY!)
late April - babysit Mary Claire (my wonderful niece) in Dallas, TX
late May - glaciers, ice and more cold fun in Alaska
mid June - my roommate, Kristen, gets married in Atlanta!
July - Beaver Creek, CO with my family
late July - begin my TRIP in Belize

Of course, this is all subject to change on a whim! I promise to keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, of course, I have to comment! I am really looking forward to the Whales and Wildnerness journey with you - what fun!!

It's coming together.....

Love 'ya - Mom

Anonymous said...

Remember, I am going to try to meet you in Colorado!
Susan